Speaking Truth to Power
(26th Edition, 2016, 210 pages) ISBN 978-0-9843665-6-9
Chapters updating church member giving and membership data in the U.S., including:
- 1968-2014 data for a composite set of denominations
- 1921-2014 data for 11 denominations
- Future trends
- Denominational overseas ministries support through 2014
- Cost-per-day for various church populations to address global needs
- Other potential giving such as potential Catholic giving in nine archdioceses
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Expenditure Survey 2014 data for charitable cash contributions, analyzed by age, region, and income levels
Chapter 8 explores the implications of the affluence that has flooded the U.S., especially since World War II. Its impact on society has been felt and not understood. The results, it is suggested, are evident in the church member giving and membership trends discussed in the first six chapters of the book. The proposed solution might be summarized as: repent and mobilize.
To order online through Wipf and Stock Publishers , click here.
online where payment is processed by PayPal, click
Note: PayPal does not require you to be registered to use this secure transaction site.
To order directly from empty tomb use this order form.
Contact us for the Library Rate, Faculty Review Copies, or Multiple Copies: email@example.com, or call (217) 356-9519.