Crisis Or Potential?
25th Edition, October 2015
- An analysis of church giving patterns in the U.S. updated through 2013, based on aggregated congregational reports.
- An original survey of denominational overseas missions income, 2003-2013.
- An updated review of giving potential of church members in the U.S., including all church members, and for various church populations.
- An analysis of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Expenditure Survey 2013, cash contributions to charitable causes.
- Although chapter 8 reviews the church member giving and membership data as well as various surveys that suggest a crisis facing the church in the U.S., the emphasis is on the potential for the church in the U.S. to impact global word and deed need in Jesus’ name. Such action, it is suggested, may help reverse the trends that point towards crisis.
- Church Member Giving, 1968–2013
- Church Member Giving for 38 Denominations, 2012 to 2013
- Church Member Giving in Denominations Defined by Organizational Affiliation, 1968, 1985, and 2013
- Church Member Giving and Membership in 11 Denominations, 1921–2013
- Church Member Giving and Membership Trends Based on 1968–2013 Data
- The Potential of the Church
- Why and How Do Americans Give? The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Expenditure Survey 2013 data for charitable cash contributions is analyzed by age, region, and income levels.
- Crisis or Potential? Chapter 8 reviews the church member giving and membership data and various surveys that suggest a crisis facing the church in the U.S. Whether the church in the U.S., like the church in Sardis (Revelation 3:1-2), is dead and dying is considered. The potential for good that yet exists among the still-large church population in the U.S. is highlighted.
- Historical and modern theological perspectives on money;
- The church tradition of fearless servanthood;
- Money as a spiritual power;
- The role of church institutions; and,
- The potential to increase church member giving to address unengaged unreached people groups, and reduce the global under-5 mortality rate at a scale to help, in Jesus’ name, solve, rather than cope with, needs.A final feature is a selection of 95 titles, drawn from many drafted over the years, accompanied by a blank column for the reader’s notes and reflections.
The book should be available through Internet sellers soon.
You can order the book directly from empty tomb, inc.
- online where payment is processed by PayPal, click
Note: PayPal does not require you to be registered to use this secure transaction site.
- To order The State of Church Giving through 2013 directly from empty tomb using a check, click here.
Contact us for the Library Rate, Faculty Review Copies, or Multiple Copies: email@example.com, or call (217) 356-9519.